Join Our Team
Clyde Homecare employs care and support workers for individuals within their own homes, and on behalf of Local Authorities, across Glasgow and Central Scotland.
Become a valued member of our care team.
Home Care Coordinator
- Office Based
- Full Time
The purpose of Care Coordinator is critical to the development and maintenance of a high quality services, planning and coordinating visits,staff supervision and staff development, ensuring the commercial success and growth of the geographical area that the Care Coordinator is responsible for.
The holder of this position will, at all times, act in such a manner as to justify public trust and confidence, to uphold and enhance the good standing and reputation of the profession and to serve in the best interests of individual clients.
The Care Coordinator must be fully conversant with all legislation relating to homecare and integration authorities (IAs). We aim to expand the services we provide within the Care at Home profession by continuously improving and maintaining a high quality service to new business opportunities and existing clients.
• To ensure effective day to day running of homecare and healthcare service delivered to clients
• Ensure appropriate allocation of workers to meet needs of all stakeholders requiring service provision
• Generate business with a focus on hours growth while delivering a high quality service
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with service users
• Develop and maintain good communication with the client, staff and colleagues holding regular staff meetings and supervision
• Be involved in the recruitment and selection of care workers
• All aspects of Care Worker supervision and practice development
• Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the care sector, attend relevant meetings and training
• To ensure professional confidentiality at all times
• Co-ordinate the placement of appropriate staff member on assignment of client needs
• Ensure compliance with SSSC Code of Practice SSSC registration and Care Inspectorate at all times
• Be aware of fitness to practice and Adult Support and Protection referral system and processes
• Participate in providing on-call support as required
• Provide relevant information for invoicing for services and for payment of members
• Ensure weekly operational and administrative duties are carried out
• Authorise holidays to frontline staff ensuring the needs of the business is met
• Ensuring that Carers remain motivated and engaged
• Develop Care Plans and Risk Assessments for each service user within their designated area. Organise and carryout regular reviews of provision
• Ensuring that all new service have a full Care Plan within the client’s house within fourteen days of their Service starting
• Effective and efficient use company rostering system
• Maintain confidentiality of the Company at all times and adhere to the principals of GDPR - information should never be disclosed to third parties without expressed permission
• Ensure the appropriate standards of Health and Safety are adhered to in line with The Clyde Group’s Health and Safety Policy also inclusive of current and future legislation
• Ensure that you fully understand your roles and responsibilities through regular communication with your Line Manager
• Adhere and comply to ISO9001:2018 standard
• SSSC registration to be maintained
• Good standard of education, (Highers)
• SVQ 3 (or willingness to work towards)
• Excellent IT, analytical and workforce deployment
• Staff management
• Full registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), without conditions
Job Type: Full-time
Licence: SSSC (Required)
Experience is not always necessary, we are looking for individuals with a flexible, honest and reliable approach to the provision of care – if you fit that bill, we would like to hear from you.
We offer various shift patterns for care and support staff, pay mileage to all staff using their own cars during the course of a shift, and provide comprehensive training before you begin your care and support career, with back-up from our management team at all times.
The cost of PVGs will be covered following successful completion of a qualifying period. We will also provide a free uniform, training and smart phone for work purposes.
Clyde Homecare is committed to offering the Scottish Living Wage to our carers.
Working For Us
If your application is successful, the next step will be to attend an interview with one of our consultants. You will have to bring along:
A passport or birth certificate
National insurance number
Proof of address
The names of two references
PVG Scheme Membership Number (if applicable)
Please Note – Foreign nationals must have a current passport and visa and be eligible to work in the UK.
You will be informed about your rates of pay and condition of employment before starting any position.
Clyde Homecare occasionally recruits candidates to work in management roles such as:
Care and Support Staff Coordinators (office based)
Care and Support Field Supervisors
We will consider candidates of all background and experience for all our roles, and we are a committed equal opportunities provider.
To see our current roles please click on Vacancies.
Refer a Friend
Are you a current Clyde Homecare employee who knows someone who is dedicated, reliable and honest in their approach, and would be suitable to work in an essential care and support industry?
If they agree and would like to be considered for a role, provide us with their contact details and we’ll do the rest.
If your friend is successfully recruited and then accumulates 80 hours work, you will receive a £50 payment.